To install the qxl driver on OpenSuse 12.1, follow these steps-
- Make sure you have these packages installed on system.
If not, open Start menu | search for Yast | select Yast |
<enter password when prompted>
Select Software Management
- Search for the following packages and mark them to install.
- Download spice-protocol latest stable package from http://spicespace.org/download.html
- Open Terminal/Konsole and change to the downloads directory.
- Become root using command
- Extract archieve using command
tar -xvf spice-protocol-package-name
- Change to extracted directory -
- Enter these commands one after other-
- Download latest qxl driver from http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/individual/driver/
Check for filename like xf86-video-qxl-X.X.X.tar.bz2
- Extract the archieve using command
tar -xvf xf86-video-qxl-X.X.X.tar.bz2
- Change to the extracted directory
- Enter these commands one by one
- now shutdown your OpenSuse machine to configure it to use Spice.
- Follow the tutorial to enable the spice client for your machine.