Steps for installing Colama™ Univ. Edition server :
- Identify a physical host that satisfies the hardware requirements listed.
- Install Ubuntu 12.04.1 (Precise Pangolin) on the identified machine
- Set up networking as follows:
- Set up eth0 for an internal class C network 10.0.0.0/24 with this host statically assigned the IP 10.0.0.1 with netmask 255.255.255.0
- Set up the external interface eth1 with the IP address compatible with the gateway IP identified earlier
- Setup IP forwarding with masquerading from eth0 to eth1
- Set up dnsmasq to enable dynamic dns for the internal network and serve DHCP requests on it. Use the DNS server identified earlier as an upstream resolver.
- Install the Colama™ Univ. Edition software on the server as follows.
- Unzip Colama™ installer tarball by using following command line. tar -zxvf colama_installer.tar.gz
- Change directory to colama_installer by using following command. cd colama_installer
- With admin privileges run install_colama.sh like this, sudo bash install_colama.sh
- Above command will install all the dependencies and the Colama™ server. The installation process will ask
- You to select Postfix Configuration for general type of mail configuration
Select No Configuration option.
- if a new virtual machine repository is to be created
- for details like admin username, email and password.
- Colama™ server is now installed and can be accessed at : http://colama-server/infracc