- First of all the printer needs to be configured on the colama server.
- To do this you need to access CUPS web interface on Colama server at port 631 using your preferred browser.
- After configuring the printer, print a test page using CUPS web interface. Remember the printer name you configured.
- Once the printer has been configured, it can be accessed at URL : http://<colama-server>/printers/<printer name> .
- To configure a Windows machine to use the printer
- Go to Control Panel and click on Add Printer.
- Use the URL option and specify the above URL to connect to the printer.
- On connection you will be queried for drivers. You can choose any driver whose output is in post script (PS) format (generally model names ending with PS). (Note: In case of driver problem try Ubuntu packages cupsys-driver-gutenprint and hpijs (for HP printers) for drivers )
- How to restore access right after the exam ?
- Are teachers allowed, continued access to the exam machines of students until these machines/accounts are deleted?
- I’m just a student !! Why should I worry about how the college manages its labs ?
- How do I access the shared home directory?
- Virtual machines can not access network once I click 'Start VM Network' after having clicked 'Stop VM Network' from the 'More Actions' menu on 'Servers' tab:
You cannot comment on this entry